Everyone needs periods of self-reflection and evaluation. It helps in understanding better who you are, where you want to be, what you want to do, etc. You take the time to think things over and as a result understand yourself better and see things clearer.
I have tendency to overdo this though… Don’t know why actually.
By the way, if you are interested in knowing more about yourself, your partner or your friends through questions, I suggest you take a look at “The Book Of Questions” by Gregory Stock Ph.D.
Another great book is “The Question Book” by Mikael Krogerus and Roman Tschäppeler.
Ok, coming back to our discussion, below are some deep questions worth asking yourself. They are though provoking and often lead to additional questions.
1. What’s your passion?
2. What would you do in life if you did not need to work for money?
3. Where do you want to be in 5, 10, 20 or 40 years?
4. What are your fundamental life values?
5. Who are the 3 most important people in your life?
6. What is your biggest dream?
7. How much are you ready to sacrifice for your dream to come true?
8. What are the 3 things in your life that you would like to change?
9. When was the last time you laughed out loud?
10. What are you grateful for?
11. When was the last time you tried something new?
12. When was the last time you did something spontaneously?
13. Which are the most memorable moments from your past?
14. Are you making the same mistakes over and over again?
15. Forget your real age for a second – now tell yourself how old are you?
16. How important is social approval for you?
17. Do you live for others or for yourself?
18. What was the last life lesson you learnt?
19. When was the last time you helped someone?
20. Did you ever help complete stranger?
21. What is your greatest fear?
22. Which word describes your personality best?
23. What inspires you?
24. What was the biggest change initiated by you in the past 5 years?
25. What’s your life’s biggest achievement?
26. When was the last time you were proud of yourself?
27. If everything was possible where would you live?
28. What stops you from making the first step towards your dream?
29. When was the last time you took a risk?
30. Who are the 3 people who had most powerful influence on you?
31. What’s your deepest secret?
32. What is happiness for you?
33. What habits would you like to quit? Why don’t you start today?
34. How much are you ready to sacrifice for successful career?
35. What will you never forget?
36. Which were the most emotional moments of your life?
37. If you wrote about your life and only mentioned most colorful, vivid, strong and impressive periods how many pages would the book be?
38. How many times have you fallen in love?
39. How many times has your heart been broken?
40. What makes you keep motivated and carry on?
41. Do you give up too soon?
42. Do you know how it feels to wake up with a smile?
43. When was the last time you cried?
44. Do you like your birthdays?
45. Are you at peace with yourself?
46. If not the financial matters, would you work where you are working now?
47. How much time do you spend in social networks?
48. Is the cup half empty or half full for you?
49. Did you experience a paradigm shift?
50. Usually do you listen to your heart or to your brain?
Maybe these questions will not bring solutions to your problems but they will at least help you see what those problems are.
Ask some deep questions, be honest with yourself and you will find out things about yourself that even you did not know!
Photo by M0THart