50 Deep Questions You Should Ask Yourself

deep questions you should ask yourselfEveryone needs periods of self-reflection and evaluation.

Asking some deep questions, that too to yourself helps in understanding better who you are, where you want to be, what you want to do, etc.

You take the time to think things over and as a result understand yourself better and see things more clearly. I’ve seen that this is the best way forward to your personal growth.

I have tendency to overdo this though, don’t know why.

Ok, coming back to our discussion, below are some deep questions worth asking yourself. They are though provoking and often lead to additional questions.

1. What’s your passion?

2. What would you do in life if you did not need to work for money?

3. Where do you want to be in 5, 10, 20 or 40 years?

4. What are your fundamental life values?

5. Who are the 3 most important people in your life?

6. What is your biggest dream?

7. How much are you ready to sacrifice for your dream to come true?

8. What are the 3 things in your life that you would like to change?

9. When was the last time you laughed out loud?

10. What are you grateful for?

11. When was the last time you tried something new?

12. When was the last time you did something spontaneously?

13. Which are the most memorable moments from your past?

14. Are you making the same mistakes over and over again?

15. Forget your real age for a second – now tell yourself how old are you?

16. How important is social approval for you?

17. Do you live for others or for yourself?

18. What was the last life lesson you learned?

19. When was the last time you helped someone?

20. Did you ever help a complete stranger?

21. What is your greatest fear?

22. Which word describes your personality best?

23. What inspires you?

24. What was the biggest change initiated by you in the past 5 years?

25. What’s your life’s biggest achievement?

26. When was the last time you were proud of yourself?

27. If you could choose any place, where would you live?

28. What stops you from making the first step towards your dream?

29. When was the last time you took a risk?

30. Who are the 3 people who had the most powerful influence on you?

31. What’s your deepest secret?

32. What is happiness for you?

33. What habits would you like to quit? Why don’t you start today?

34. How much are you ready to sacrifice for a successful career?

35. What will you never forget?

36. Which were the most emotional moments of your life?

37. If you wrote about your life and only mentioned most colorful, vivid, strong and impressive periods how many pages would the book be?

38. How many times have you fallen in love?

39. How many times has your heart been broken?

40. What makes you keep motivated and carry on?

41. Do you give up too soon?

42. Do you know how it feels to wake up with a smile?

43. When was the last time you cried?

44. Do you like your birthdays?

45. Are you at peace with yourself?

46. If not the financial matters, would you work where you are working now?

47. How much time do you spend on social networks?

48. Is the cup half empty or half full for you?

49. Did you experience a paradigm shift?

50. Usually do you listen to your heart or to your brain?

Maybe these self reflection questions will not bring solutions to your problems but they will at least help you see what those problems are. In my opinion, self reflection is the best way to boost your personal development.

Ask some deep questions, be honest with yourself and you will find out things about yourself that even you did not know!

[/sociallocker]

By the way, if you are interested in knowing more about yourself, your partner or your friends through questions, I suggest you take a look at “The Book Of Questions” by Gregory Stock Ph.D.

Photo by M0THart

First Name Email Address

You may also like...

67 Responses

1. Bobbi Emel says:

Ani, these are good questions. Perhaps you should continue to save up more like this and do a Question-A-Day calendar. Might be very popular!

2. Priska says:

Great questions. I might use them as writing prompts. By the time I reach the end I am sure to have gained a lot of new insights.

• Ani says:

Priska,
      Actually depending on the angle you look at the questions (not too agocentric) each one may eventually become potential blog post on the subject.

3. Kaylee says:

Great questions, Ani. This one particularly jumped out at me: 42. Do you know how it feels to wake up with a smile?

I haven’t woken up with a smile lately, and this question made me realize how much I miss that. I think it’s my goal for tomorrow to wake up with a smile. =)

4. Ciara says:

Great list of questions, I love Bobbi’s idea a thought provoking question a day would do wonders for a person’s personal development over the year.

5. These are wonderful questions and can spur reflective dialogue on so many different issues in our lives! Thanks!

6. Jason Harvey says:

I think “What would you do in life if you did not need to work for money?” is one of the more popular questions that I think a lot of people have thought about at one time or another. Especially lotto players! It also relates to a lot of the other questions on your list in some way.

I really like this question because in one way it can get your excited and hopeful; dreaming about what you would do everyday. I would just like people that really do think about this question to also think about what they can do right now to make it happen. What steps can they start to take for this to be a reality at some point in the future.

• Ani says:

Agree Jason. From “What would you do in life if you did not need to work for money?” derive many other important questions. And yes, without taking steps and acting nothing will move forward.

7. Amit Amin says:

Oh… these are some tough questions. Perhaps I should use some of them as a journaling prompt….

“Do you know how it feels to wake up with a smile?” No – I wake up with headaches :)

8. Good…and deep questions. I have asked myself most of these questions but there were a few I had to really think about. I think I might use this list as art journal prompts. By the end of the journal I will probably understand the excavation process of self reflection and “fruedian” examination. Thanks.

9. Frunze says:

Great questions, they are so important! It seems like God can ask everyone this questions, especially the ones who complain about their life and problems :) .

• Ani says:

I am glad you enjoyed them. Very soon I will be launching an e book with one question per day for the upcoming year. It will be available for free to all subscribers :)

10. Hasan says:

Great list of question. Thanks.

This is my first time visit of your blog – nice blog.

11. Excellent questions, I’m still going through them. Good job!

• Ani says:

Thanx for the comment Stefan. There are many more in “the Year in Questions” free e book, which you can get by subscribing :)

12. Fabian says:

Thanks so much!

13. Life says:

“Only he who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.”

14. AJ Walton says:

Excellent questions – difficult to digest all at once.

“What’s your deepest secret”? There’s one to pause and really think about…so many interesting implications of the answer.

15. We stumbled overr here coming from a different website and thoughht I might as well checck things out.
    I like what I see so now i am ffollowing you. Loook forward to looking over your web page for
    a second time.

16. Hi there, just wanted to tell you, I loved this
    post. It was funny. Keep on posting!

17. sex says:

Post très fascinant

18. XxBrookiexX says:

I’m gonna answer these in my next comment :-)

19. XxBrookiexX says:

1) My passion is shopping until I drop :-)

2) Good question… I’d probably go on endless vacations

3) In 10 years, I’ll be 26, so I want to live somewhere nice with one child and a husband.

5) My parents, my siblings and my boyfriend.

8) My procrastination is the only thing I’d like to change… :-/

9) Last night I was watching an hour of PewDiePie’s scary moments montage, and I laughed so much 😀

10) I guess I’m grateful for the stuff I have even though I can be spoiled, because my dad’s sorta rich… (I don’t like to brag)

11) When we went on a field trip on Friday, we went to a museum and for the lunch there was sushi and some other stuff I can’t remember. So, yeah, I tried sushi. It’s okay :-/

13) When I pushed my brother into the pool, lol, and when I nearly broke my arm in gymnastics.

15) Right, I feel like I’m 9 even though seven years older then that xD

19) There was an old woman in the store, and she couldn’t reach something from the tippy-top shelf, so I got it for her :-)

20) This man walking down the street needed directions.

21) Vermiphobia , fear of parasitic worms and normal worms. Ugh… :-(

22) Wow, there’s a lot of words to describe me but I’d describe myself as loud and outgoing :-)

25) Being a gymnast.

26) When I won a gymnastics competition in Brooklyn. Lol, Brooklynn is my name 😀 (with two n’s)

27) In Brighton because PewDiePie lives there 😀

29) Hoho, I take a lotta risks… 😉 The most recent one was jumping over a flight of stairs on a skateboard, by the way, I can’t skateboard. Long story short.

30) Mom, Dad, Principal 😮

32) Always being right. Ahhh, I love the feeling :-)

33) Talking waaay too much.

35) When my sister was born… Lol!

36) My grandmother’s death. :-(

37) About the size of Harry Potter books.

38) Three times. I’m dating my third crush now. <3

39) Once.

41) Heeeeeell no.

43) When my frickin brother tickled me until I nearly peed myself!

44) Yup. My Sweet 16 was on March 29 😀

47) I have instagram, facebook, twitter, and I text a LOT!

50) My heart <3

Thanks for reading my long comment xD, it's okay if you didn't though. :-)

-Brooklynn xoxox

20. Nicest and life changing list. Thanks for sharing.

21. ฉัน ตลอดเวลา ทุกครั้งที่
    ใช้ในการ อ่าน ส่วนของการเขียน ใน เอกสารข่าว แต่ตอนนี้ ที่ผม ของผู้ใช้ อินเทอร์เน็ต สุทธิ จึง ดังนั้น จากนี้ ผมใช้ สุทธิ
    บทความ หรือความคิดเห็น ขอบคุณ
    ไปยังเว็บ .

Feel free to visit my web page; สโบเบ็ต

22. Titus oneil says:

Fantastic questions bro!!! I think u r a creative thinker,and i like the q.no.3 and q.no.42 very much…..

23. Thanks for sharing your info. I really appreciate your efforts and I will be waiting
    for your further post thank you once again.

24. When getting rid of drain clogs, avoid using chemical cleaners.
    There is considerable expense involved with installing
    a septic tank. It is not known what prompted officials
    to drain that specific septic tank looking for Noah’s body.

25. Demetrius says:

There is no need to purchase bottled water, which is expensive; you can store your own fresh drinking water for purposes
    of drinking in vertical storage tanks. This tool is a long, hollow, transparent piece of plastic branded with one-foot
    accretion. Many of the Earthships have propane tanks for cooking and a backup hot water supply; these are the only utility bills.

26. The accessories are also available for every occasion, festival and party.
    Ginger: Calls out to the young, sprightly & flirty women with super cool fashion that says ‘I belong’.

They can instantly add colour to an otherwise drab and uninteresting
    look, and they come in a wide variety of styles, patterns, and hues.

27. Mayra says:

Most of those supplements work by stopping
    the cause of baldness. Its member companies manufacture popular national
    brands as well as the store brands marketed by major supermarkets, drug stores and discount chains.
    You may think that purchasing vegetables at a farmers market is healthier
    but you must be sure they use organic farming methods otherwise you may as well go to the local
    supermarket.

28. Mack says:

Most of those supplements work by stopping the cause of baldness.
    Its member companies manufacture popular national brands as
    well as the store brands marketed by major supermarkets,
    drug stores and discount chains. They offer the consumer more freedom
    of choice, an ecological capsule, and a low price.

29. Nina says:

Most of those supplements work by stopping the cause of baldness.
    Sometimes eating of bad calories result in making the dieter overweight which is really
    a matter of concern because it directly targets the working efficiency of its user.
    To attain this level in the blood, most people must supplement
    with an additional 4000 to 5000 IU of vitamin D3.

30. What’s up friends, fastidious post and good
    urging commented here, I am genuinely enjoying by these.

31. Concepcion says:

Brain O Brain capsules tackle stress and produce high level of energy, the herbs used in the preparation of these capsules contain iron in high amount which enhances the capacity oxygen carrying of the blood by increasing the number of red blood cells.
    Dog glucosamine can also cure a dogs inflamed discs,
    sciatic nerve and inflamed joints-conditions that
    are usually connected with aging. Do a simple search on Google or Amazon for a keyword like “dog supplements” and instantly you will get hundreds of thousands
    of results.

32. Soy curiosidad por saber lo que el blog sistema
    usted es utilización ? Estoy experimentando
    que tienen un poco de menor cuestiones bitácora
    y Yo gustaría encontrar algo más seguro seguro .
    ¿Tienes alguna recomendaciones ?
    \

33. There are far too many out there to just search through each day.
    Almost all bodies anticipate that bodybuilding supplements
    is an above allotment of the blueprint back it comes to accretion beef mass.
    There are only 2 St Johns wort products that I know of, that have had been properly researched and the Flordis Remotiv is one of those.

34. Ina says:

Most of the card dealers sell their cards online through websites that specialize in international calling cards.
    This shows you how user friendly these templates are.
    However, there are certain things which can assist you differentiate which one is
    best and which is not.

35. www.kresy.pl says:

As you keep implementing content marketing strategies,
    which is actually sharing quality information, then your visitors will keep on coming back for more.

If these eight steps seem overwhelming, welcome to the club.
    Incompatibility: Rails’ structured and organized approach can be its strength
    as well as weakness in terms of flexibility and compatibility.

36. jom real says:

this is self realization about the importance of life, thanks.

37. We really love the information provided. wee at custom parcl solutions are always looking for new ideas
    aand resources to write from.

38. social medis says:

excellent points altogether, you simply won a new reader.
    What would you suggest about your submit that you made a
    few days ago? Any certain?

39. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all people you really know what you’re speaking about!

Bookmarked. Kindly additionally seek advice from my website =).
    We may have a link change agreement among us

40. Reagan says:

Mein Kumpel hat mir kürzlich diese Seite empfohlen. Ich bin begeistert von deinen informativen Artikeln. Respekt!

41. 玩游戏不如开游戏,自己当GM卖游戏道具赚钱!游戏赚钱两不误的发家工具!
    最低几百就能成为暴利游戏老板!一切技术我们服务,一切辛苦我们扛住!
    开sf游戏就到遨腾科技(www.119uc.com)私服一条龙,成全您的暴富梦想!!!
    私服开区一条龙服务(网络游戏私服开服制作)
    主机IDC租用http://www.119uc.com/Server
    网站模版http://www.119uc.com/Shop/Wangzhan
    广告宣传http://www.119uc.com/ad.asp
    游戏版本http://www.119uc.com/Shop/Banben
    开区套餐http://www.119uc.com/Taocao
    官方网站http://www.119uc.com
    客服咨询QQ1124999543(企鹅扣扣)
    传奇私服广告总代理平台价格cq.9uv.netQQ1207542352 http://cq.9uv.net/

42. The whole ifp3 program is jampacked with features
    including your very own e-business by selling your
    photos online and you are able to receive compliments from viewers
    and customers. Users are almost in control of every effects
    and elements for the web. For those who are looking to turn their hacking
    into a potential professional job, the Ethical Hacker Network is a useful resource.

43. abamisty says:

Ani, your second question has really got me thinking about striking the difference between my passion and my career-to-be.

1. August 27, 2012

[…] Post navigation ← Previous […]

2. September 14, 2012

[…] what success is for you is important. You will most probably need Q&A session with yourself for […]

3. February 26, 2013

[…] I wanted to write about something else today, so I found this list of “deep questions” that lend themselves to self-discovery. So, I thought that I’d answer the first […]

4. April 24, 2013

[…] 50 Questions You Should Ask Yourself [LIST POST] by Ani from Life Probabilities […]

5. November 6, 2014

[…] people are very curious. They ask questions and look for the answers. Each question brings a new path towards discovering new things and coming […]

6. November 6, 2014

[…] asking some deep questions bring answers, which make you understand your passions, goals and dreams. The right questions lead […]

7. November 6, 2014

[…] that I wrote an e-book called A Year in Questions, which features 365 thought-provoking questions one should ask himself during the […]

8. December 15, 2014

[…] leading questions, that makes the speaker tell more about the things that you want to listen. That is one way of […]

9. January 1, 2015

[…] Ask questions to yourself and realize the limits you have placed upon yourself. Push them. Break them. […]

10. May 22, 2015

[…] can even answer some deep questions you have always wanted to ask yourself and bring about a whole new understanding about your true […]

11. September 3, 2015

[…] of introspective questions came up and though some of them would make an interesting read, I found this one really resonates with me. I know, it’s probably boring to read someone else’s answers […]